119 Ident Road, South Windsor, Connecticut 06074
firstname.lastname@example.org | 860-978-9875 | peteringersoll.com
Digital Marketing Lead
Successful hands-on professional who applies inventive and effective technology-based solutions to sales, marketing, communications, and business challenges. Proven ability to plan, build, and launch web sites, e-commerce, intranets, social media, marketing campaigns, tools, etc., rapidly and efficiently. Engaged adviser in the board room, on the front line, and with clients. A go-to person who provides insight, imagination, and leadership to deliver results. A passionate, pragmatic visionary with over 30 years of B2B, newspaper, and agency experience. Broad and valuable skill set includes:
- Digital marketing strategy and execution
- All aspects of website development
- E-Commerce site management
- Content marketing & marketing automation
- Intranet and internal communications
- Social media / social networking
- Search engine marketing & analytics
- Project & team management
- Account management & sales support
- CRM, database marketing, & list management
- Direct and email marketing
- Digital & print document layout & production
- Graphic design & data visualization
- Sales presentation and proposal development
Experience & Accomplishments
Owner of Online Marketing Service
September 2011 – Present
Ingersoll Interactive, LLC, South Windsor, CT
Specialized in digital marketing for small businesses, B2B companies, logistics companies, and nonprofits.
- Consult and advise on digital marketing strategies, best practices, and implementation.
- Develop and manage E-Commerce sites for B2B and B2C online sales.
- Achieve business objectives through digital media, social networking, and website development.
- Content marketing development, including eBook production and email campaign management.
Digital and eBusiness Team Lead, North America
December 2014 – September 2015
Henkel Corporation, Rocky Hill, Conn. & Düsseldorf, Germany
Manage the digital and eBusiness initiatives in North America for a global leader in consumer and industrial adhesives.
- Managed digital marketing staff, providing leadership, training, and insights to increase department effectiveness.
- Developed digital strategies with business units to support marketing initiatives and customer interactions.
- Member of global team implementing digital and eBusiness strategies. Responsible for the North America region.
- Developed and managed relationships with internal resources and external agencies to deliver digital solutions.
March 2012 – February 2014
DMTalentNow, LLC, South Windsor, CT
Founding partner, development manager and marketer for DMTalentNow.com, an employment agency for the direct mail marketing industry. We developed a process that is unique, easy, and saves employers time and money.
- Built and maintain our website, produce content, and manage our social media presence.
- Developed and maintained back office tools and customer relationship management system.
- Online newsletter generation and email list management.
- The business is built on a combination of cloud-based tools.
Senior Manager, Marketing
June 2000 – September 2011
Kuehne + Nagel, Naugatuck, Conn., Jersey City, N.J. & Schindellegi, Switzerland
Provided interactive and traditional marketing support for one of the world’s largest supply chain companies with offices in 100 countries and annual net revenue over $25 billion.
- Selected by the management board to redesign and deploy new corporate website.
- Wrote business plan to obtain executive support. Delivered site within compact time and tight budget.
- Worked with multinational team and client departments. Directed technical support staff.
- Hired, trained and managed programming and content development staff.
- Conceived and launched intranet sites to support sales teams for various business units, products, & verticals.
- Sales support, from lead generation to proposal support, contributed to record lead generation, sales, and growth.
- Successfully managed the rebranding of USCO Logistics to Kuehne + Nagel after acquisition in 2001.
- Migrated original USCO website from IT-owned, agency-developed to 100% marketing management.
- Achieved top rankings for targeted key search phrases. Positive customer feedback, explicitly citing ease of use.
- Recognition includes CEO’s award for outstanding contribution and customer service, three-time recipient of “House in Order” peer recognition, awards at annual national and international sales meetings. Achieved all bonuses.
Web / Interactive Producer
October 1998 – June 2000
NetFeat (div. of Mason, Inc.), Bethany, Conn.
First hire by interactive marketing agency launched by an established advertising agency. Worked with account executives and directly with diverse B2B and B2C clients to propose, develop and deliver dynamic websites. Hired and managed a staff of creative and technical staff.
- Managed multiple client relationships, vendors and staff in a high-pressure agency environment.
- Delivered data-driven sites, intranets, and web advertising to meet client’s business requirements.
- First-year success resulted in seven additional hires and profits four times forecast.
Web & Marketing Roles
May 1987 – October, 1998
The Hartford Courant, Hartford, Conn.
Various titles represent a continuum of evolving, innovative and self-initiated roles – each is “first in new position.” Worked in and with circulation, advertising, news, and IT departments. Major role developing electronic publishing, IVR & Internet initiatives. Often provided strategic consultation to executive management.
- Initiated & maintained highly-received intranet site. Designed & programmed content management tool.
- Created searchable & dynamic web content for original Hartford Courant site.
- Developed methods for extracting data from, and delivering data to, the newspaper publishing system.
- Developed interactive voice response (IVR) applications, attracting IBM attention for newspaper industry product.
- Developed methods for mass production of personalized direct mail campaigns and response analysis.
- Developed method for tracking & predicting retention of customers acquired by various offers and sources.
- Project leader of Times Mirror’s east coast pilot program for database marketing.
- Recognition includes the Hartford Courant Quality Service and Innovation Award and the coveted Heart & Crown award for Outstanding Customer Service in support of the advertising department.
Skills & Software
Skills adaptable to other software, CMS, tools, etc. I’ve used far more applications than listed here. These are some favorites.
- WordPress CMS, Genesis framework, Apache, IIS, PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, ColdFusion.
- HubSpot Sales & Marketing (CRM & Website)
- Other CMS: Adobe AEM, OpenText, Joomla, Drupal, TYPO3, ExpressionEngine, etc.
- CRMs & Automation: SalesForce, Act-On
- Adobe Creative Suite / Creative Cloud
- Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console, AdWords.
- Social Media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, SlideShare, Pinterest, etc.
- SproutSocial, Hootsuite, Buffer, IFTTT, etc.
- Email marketing: MailChimp, AWeber, etc.
- Countless cloud computing and online applications – often working in combination.
- Database management.
- Microsoft Office Professional.
- Presentation development expertise.
Education and Training
Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT 1989
University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT, 1981 – 1983
Ongoing Education Activities
Online Training Programs (personally purchased)
- Platform University – Michael Hyatt
- Facebook Influence – Amy Porterfield
- LinkedInfluence – Lewis Howes
- Video Genesis – Andy Jenkins and Mike Filsaime
- Reel Marketing – James Wedmore
- Social Media Marketer – Laura Roeder
- creativeLIVE: Launching an Online Business with Lewis Howes
Daily insights to marketing, web development, and social media from subscriptions to dozens of quality podcasts.
Business Training (company investments)
- Advanced Cold Fusion Application Development
- IBM DirectTalk Training
- Professional Presentation Skills (Brittain & Klein)
- Newsletter (Dartnel) & business-writing courses
- Full Course of supervision classes (Global Achievement Zenger-Miller)
- Hartford Courant management training
- SPIN Selling
Center for 21st Century Skills, Litchfield, CT
- WordPress training and site critique for participating students.
- Student presentation skills feedback panel.
Axis 901, Manchester, CT
- Meetup: Building Start-up Communities in the Hartford Region
2013 Student Innovation Expo, Hartford, CT – The Center for 21st Century Skills at EDUCATION CONNECTION
- Judge marketing and technology aspects of student projects for participating ninth-grade schools.
2013 Digital Media Summit, Western Connecticut State University – The Center for 21st Century Skills
- Taught class on building a website using WordPress.
References available upon request.